Friday, August 26, 2005

The Return of Ibn Blacktuta




















The Return of Ibn Blacktuta

Since November of 2004, I've travelled to 6 countries most of them repeat visits. But prior journeys have taken me to faraway destinations therefore let us begin where it all started. Cruised over to Canada thinking to dive from the top of Niagara Falls. In Jolly Ole England I didn't meet Big Ben nor did I have tea with the Queen but had a chance to see The Beatles. Then off to Arabia, to the Holy City of Mecca to follow in the footsteps of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad and other noble men and women. Off to Egypt to see if I could Dance Like An Egyptian. More or less I did the camel walk like James into the Pyramids. Morocco is and was more than Casablanca with Bogart. Didn't find Rocky or Bullwinkle either. Walking through the blackstreets of southern Spain until I found myself in the magnificient Alhambra only to find it was no longer my home, someone had bought it. Jetting off to Korea to wander through The Secret Gardens with Quincy Jones whilst face-to-face with North Korean soliders in the DMZ. Dancing in Australia with The Three Sisters in The Blue Mountain to the rhythm of kangaroos and koala bears singing "Who Can It Be Now?" Stopping off in Japan just long enough to say hi, bye and see you next time. Stopped off in Germany to say hello to Falco and sing "Rock me Amadeus." Off to The Netherlands only to find Jay Z teaching them bout Roc-A-Fella in Amsterdam. Found John Lennon and Sean Connery in Gibraltar and wannabe Bobby Fischers. Stopped in the U.A.E. so you'd know me. It was so much bling bling that 50 lost his Cents and Destiny had a Child. There was Venus and Serena but I was more interested in hanging out with Elvis and singing "Viva Las Vegas" whilst wearing the most hideous rhinestones in a one-piece white tight-fitting bellbottomed outfit. Out in Oman looking for Sinbad and chasing Muskrats in Muscat. Well, I'm black home just in time for BET's Comic View.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home